Our Schedule

yogahour teen Wednesdays at Yoga Oasis
ages 11-17 4:15-5:15pm
$7 drop in

School Age sessions to begin at the end of August.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

a new session begins

This week we began a new session of Yoga 4 Youth at Yoga Oasis.  What a great group of kids, and very excited to be doing yoga.  We talked about Surya and the power of the sun.  We read a short story about Surya and how he rides a chariot drawn by 7 white horses across the sky every morning.  The kids really liked the story and liked moving on their mats.  The highlight of the class was getting them into partners so that they could ride like Surya around the room and be BRIGHT like the sun!  It was great to watch them take turns being the sun or being the horses.

We also began learning our Salutation to the Sun Poem.  Here it is in case you'd like to practice it at home!

Salutation to the Sun
I make a mountain on my mat,
stretch up high just like that.
Now I fold and touch the floor,
Take a breath and fold once more.
Jump back and walk the plank,
lower to my belly like I sank.
Place my hands nice and wide,
curl up to cobra and move side to side.
Tuck my toes, send my hips up high,
that’s down-dog where I stretch and sigh.
Looking forward, I bend my knees,
Jump to my hands as easy as you please.
Push down through my feet to rise,
A sun salutation right before your eyes.
Written by Nancy Gutierrez

There are still a couple of spots open, so please go to www.yogaoasis.com to sign up!  
As always, we are honored to teach all of these kids.  Thank you all for supporting us!

Nancy and Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment